Monday, November 21, 2011

http://elderglenneithburgess.last-memories.com/

I've started a new location. It is http://elderglenneithburgess.last-memories.com/ . Please post your memories and condolences on that site instead of this one. Also, I would appreciate it if you would pass the word around regarding the change. The reason for the change is to provide a way for individuals to post pictures if they would like. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. I have been one of the most blessed people since one of the greatest men to ever live be a part of my life in so many ways:

    As an uncle he set the bar extremely high on the impact an uncle could have on his extended family especially to a person such as I. His love went beyond anything that I could ever deserve without any expectations in return

    As a friend he proved what a true friend really was. There were choices I made in my life that took down some mighty dark roads and places that did and would have caused most to cast me away. But Elder always found time every couple weeks to call me just to tell me he loved me and ask when I was coming Home. Though I lived a couple thousand miles away when he was in the area he would take time to spend time with me and tell me that god and he loved me.

    As my Pastor he had more impact the above two combined. On dark lonely nights when I was so far from god I would lay my head down and messages that he preached in bygone years would drift into my mind some would bring a peace and calmness others would leave me crying and shaking in fear but all had the one thing in common they kept alive in my heart the truth and the desire to make it back home.
    I am so thankful that I made it back before god took him I only wished I would have been more on fire and involved my desire now is to make him proud. As a pastor his love and compassion was beyond comprehension, His wisdom and kindness beyond measure, his life beyond reproach and his life example cannot be matched

    As the elder he was never too busy to take time out to give a hug that meant so much to all that was on the receiving end to even the smallest of the children Never too tired to take the time to pray for those who was struggling, And was always ready to give words of encouragement to those in need.
    Although I will miss you greatly in the years to come because of you I have a greater understanding and appreciation of 2 Timothy 4:7 “I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, and I have kept the faith”

    Good-bye for now My Uncle, My Friend, My Pastor, My Elder ………Your Nephew Damon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a dedicated testimonial of Jesus Christ Elder Burgess was, and will continue to always be. He was my Pastor for 10+ years before I took a journey cross country. Elder was a man of integrity, of a sort I had never known in my entire life before him. He above all loved and taught me to love, he taught me what it takes to make heaven my home as well as help others to make their home heaven too. I look back at all I put him thru with the stress of uprooting my babies to follow after a man. You would think that was bad enough, but I did it yet again half a year later. Even with that being said, when I finally got the strength to sever that relationship, he and his whole family welcomed my girls and I back with open arms and selfless love- we were home again, and this time to stay. Not one day went by where the Burgess family and the Chehalis church was not calling me from within, it literally drove people crazy, because I didn't keep quiet. I can tell you now, if it wasn't for his love for God, people and connecting the two together, I nor my children would be here today, or being shaped into what God wants us to be. I owe my all to him and sister Elder Burgess, thank you! I will never forget him, nor for standing for truth and being such an example to follow my life after. Something I shared with him just a few weeks ago, is the fact that he and sister did such an awesome job at raising their children and now stands a man in his footsteps carrying on the mantle of Jesus Christ! Thank you all, Burgess family, no words will ever be enough for the gratitude my heart holds nor for all of your pain and suffering. It may be hard for someone to understand, but elder Burgess meant more to me, than any other human alive....for it was him who taught me about our Lord Jesus and life eternal! Forever I am indebted. Bless you all, and Pastor Elder your life is continueing in so many, many hearts and lives; prospering the Kingdom of God...thank you for giving your whole being to the work of God. In Jesus name, we are so blessed!

    ReplyDelete